Discover the Latest in Smart Coatings, Haptics and Digital Printing at the Automotive Surfaces Conference 2019
Headline Speakers from FCA, Chery and Ernst & Young
10 October 2019: Registration has opened for the Automotive Surfaces Conference 2019, being held at the Steigenberger Hotel, Berlin, on 4 and 5 December 2019. The two-day conference outlines the latest innovations in decorative and functional automotive surfaces including sustainability, smart coatings, LED lighting, haptics, digital printing and functional integration. Delegate registration is now open at: www.decorativeautomotiveplastics.com
The two-day conference includes over 20 papers with sustainability, smart coatings and lighting covered on the first day. The second day focuses on haptics and sensors, functional integration and recent innovations in smart surfaces, digital printing and printed electronics.
Peter Fuss, Ernst & Young’s Senior Advisory Partner, Automotive Team, will chair the conference and open with an introductory session looking at the key factors disrupting the industry, latest trends and their implications for the interior surfaces of cars.
James Hope, Design Chief at Chery Automobiles will present Design Thinking on Innovation and Sustainability covering customisation of automotive appliqués, smart surfaces and functional parts, the sustainability of plastic and bio polymers and future consumer trends for Gen Y and Gen Z.
Senior specialists at Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and Yanfeng Automotive Interiors will present a joint paper on Eco-friendly Surfaces in the Interior. Marco Tuninetti, Senior Technical Specialist at FCA and Dr. Werner Klusmeier, Senior Manager Process Innovation at Yanfeng will cover weight reduction through natural fibre compounds, concept and application for visible natural fibres and specification, resistance and abrasion tests. A Faurecia spokesperson will also present an interesting paper on The Science of Comfort - How Materials' Scent and Aspect Impact the Perception of Comfort.
Speakers and delegates will include prominent representatives of manufacturers and suppliers—both at the management and engineering level including automakers, Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 parts suppliers and component manufacturers. Other featured speakers and topics include:
- Dominik Malecha, Head of Surface Technology, Moulded Parts/Application Center, Kunststoff-Institut Lüdenscheid, Individualisation of moulded parts by digital printing – an overview of current opportunities
- Daniel Haefliger, Chief Technology Officer, Sateco, Distinct haptic feedback on surface by polymer transducers
- Dr. André Philipp, Flexible Organic Electronics, Fraunhofer Institute for Organic Electronics, Electron Beam and Plasma Technology FEP, OLED lighting solutions for automotive interiors
- Hans van der Kort, Product Manager, Kriya Materials: Multi-functional transparent coatings for automotive surfaces
- Claudia Delgado Simao, Head of Printed Electronics Group, Eurecat Functional Printing, Printed electronics in the automotive sector
- Jörg Günther, Board of Directors, Kunststoff-Institut, A new method to determine emissions inside the mould
- Dr. Hans-Peter Erfurt, IMD Manager, Research + Development, Pröll GmbH, Tactile and haptic printing designs and non-conductive black inks for IMD/FIM applications
- Christoph Ernst, Sales Director, Kunststoff Helmbrechts AG: Better than chrome. Painting in chrome optics – a decoration without chrome VI
The early bird rate for conference delegates registering by 18 October 2019 is €875 +VAT for the two days. The standard rate for bookings made from 19 October 2019 is €1045 +VAT. There is a special discount of 15% for bookings of three of more delegate places at the same time. Register at: https://decorativeautomotiveplastics.com/AS19/en/page/registration
The Automotive Surfaces Conference 2019 is organised by the Crain Global Polymer Group and Plastics News Europe. Silver event sponsors include Trinseo, Pröll GmbH, Global Inkjet Systems and Sateco. For more information please visit: www.decorativeautomotiveplastics.com
Tel: +44 1892 800164
For more information:
Tel: +44 7976 222256
Venue: Steigenberger Hotel, Berlin, Germany
COUNTDOWN TO AUTOMOTIVE SURFACES 2019